St Saviour's church enjoys celebrating the Christian festivals and important events in parish community and personal life. The building was designed by William Butterfield (1814-1900) and consecrated in 1845. The first Vicar was J. R. Woodford (1820-85), writer and translator of hymns. There are good links with the church school and we are always pleased to see children - we have a Sunday School every Sunday and there are 'busy' bags for the younger ones. Baptisms take place about once a month. Newcomers and visitors are most welcome.