Church of England Diocese of Exeter Sandford and Upton Hellions

About Us

Built on the site of a earlier Saxon chapel, the present building has some architecture dating back to the eleventh century, when it was dedicated to Swithun, 9th century bishop of Winchester. It is thought the building was enlarged in the thirteenth or fourteenth century. The West Gallery was added in 1657 to accommodate children from the parish poorhouse..