About the church

This is a historic church in an ancient and natural churchyard that is home to a 2400 year old yew tree, with a a 15th Century St. Christopher Wall Painting. There is a fine ‘William Hill’ organ.

The church, dating from the 13th century, is clad with knapped flints and stone dressings. It was substantially enlarged by the Victorians which included a replacement bell turret with clay tile hanging, matching the chancel and nave roofs and shingle covered spire. It is a pleasant unpretentious church set in a large well-kept graveyard and surrounded by trees and hedges.

The church is an attractive venue for weddings and baptisms, and a beautiful and tranquil setting for funerals

There is easy parking and a level walk from the road, and facilities for wheelchair users and a hearing loop

Built: 1250 - restored 1887

Architect: restored by P M Johnston

Listing: grade 2*