St Stephen’s Church in Ashill was built in 1882 in a central position to the village and is of an attractive Victorian design. It is of modest scale, seating around 100 maximum, but with a small additional side area which can be used for additional seating if required. St Stephen’s is now fully licensed for weddings. There is a small but faithful worshipping congregation from the village.
St Stephen's forms part of the Culm Valley Mission Community. which comprises the parishes of Blackborough, Kentisbeare, Uffculme and Willand.