Church of England Diocese of Southwark

About Us

Emmanuel (a 'Proprietary Chapel') , built in red brick at the end of the 1880's, is on the Ridgway barely two minutes' walk from Wimbledon's popular Village area with its crowded High Street full of restaurants and pubs. It stands on a pleasant corner site surrounded by trees with an extensive lawn and flower garden. The church is evangelical by conviction and our priority is to teach and explain the historic Christian message as it is revealed to us in the Bible.