In the ancient West Devonshire village of Germansweek St German's is a Norman church founded on an earlier settlement. It was dedicated in honour of St. German (or Germanus), a 5th century missionary and Bishop of Auxerre, who visited the South West of England in 429 and 443 and established numerous churches in the region. The small church, sheltering in a hollow on the southern edge of Germansweek, has undergone numerous changes over the centuries, and was extensively modernised and restored in 1875.
Today St German's is a member of the Northmoor Team of Churches in the Okehampton area on the north-west edge of Dartmoor. There is a Sunday service every fortnight at St German's, to which visitors are welcome. The bells are rung regularly, and the church is a beautiful venue for baptisms, weddings and other special services. The Team clergy welcome enquiries about baptisms and weddings - see links for more details. Do come to Germansweek and visit St German's - a place of peace where prayer can come easily and healing may be found.