We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Welcome to St Bartholomew's Church, Barbrook Mill
St Bartholomew's was built in 1875 to provide an alternative place of worship to the Wesleyan chapel, for the people of Barbrook Mill, a community built around the sawmill. It was built as a "Mission" Church of St Mary the Virgin, Lynton. The dedication to Bartholomew was quite possibly a result of nothing more than having the same prefix as Barbrook, Bartholomew being one of the Twelve chosen by Jesus to be His Disciples.
From the early 1900's it funded a wooden building originally serving the men of the community as a Reading Room, then becoming the Church-Hall. Since the turn of this century it has become the village hall.
It is a simple building with Nave leading to a Sancturary, it has an additional North Aisle and has a single bell in its turret to call the faithfull to prayer.
The service pattern is limited to a single monthly Communion on the first Sunday, with other services commemorating major festivals. The Church and its fabric is lovingly cared for by loyal members of the congregation by whose efforts it manages to pay its way.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below