Church of England Diocese of Exeter Mariansleigh

About Us

Brief history of the Church of St Mary

The main part of the church was built in about 1250, probably replacing an oratory that was built approximately 600AD. About 1500 the church was enlarged and has since undergone several restorations, the major last rebuilding taking place in the mid-1930s, following a devastating fire. The fire destroyed the interior of the church but the tower and the porch were able to be saved.

Address:

Church Gate, Mariansleigh, Devon EX36 4LN

Churchwardens:

Mrs Thelma Avery

Mr Richard Govier