The Parish of Deddington regards safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and good working practice as a priority.
In the interests of the safety and well being of all children and young people and vulnerable adults, it has developed and operates a Safeguarding and Protection Policy for both Children and Vulnerable Adults.
The churches in the benefice are committed to ensuring that everyone working with children, young people, and vulnerable adults:
• have undergone a criminal records bureau check at enhanced level,
• are adequately trained and supervised,
• understand and follow the Church’s Protection/Safeguarding Policy.
As part of the commitment of all the churches’ to children and young people and vulnerable adults it has appointed Jane Maharry as Safeguarding Officer. All people involved in activities within the church know who she is and how she can be contacted.
Should the church have any child protection concerns it will seek the advice of the CCPAS and the Diocese of Oxford safeguarding team and if appropriate contact the statutory authorities.
• exercise care in the appointment of those working with children, young people and vulnerable adults in the church.
• be committed to following statutory, denominational (if relevant) and specialist guidelines.
• seek support for all those affected by abuse.
• be committed to supporting and resourcing those who work with children and young people and provide regular supervision.
• review both the Child and Vulnerable Adults protection and Safeguarding policies annually and amend accordingly
The safeguarding policies may be viewed by clicking here.
SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS FOR IN RELATION TO ANY PROTECTION/SAFEGUARDING MATTER, THEN PLEASE SPEAK TO THE SAFEGUARDING OFFICER.
CONTACT [email protected]