The church, dedicated to the Cornish Saint, St Rumon, was rebuilt in 1868 to Ashworth’s specification, replacing a 14th century building, which had lost its spire in a storm in 1703, and was now in a state of decay. The present bell chamber, housing three original and three donated bells, was rebuilt on what remained of the 14th century west tower in 1887. A Saxon font, replaced with a more ornate one in1869, still remains in the church. The shaft of a medieval cross stands in the churchyard.
The ancient well of St Rumon sits just outside the churchyard, the water has been used for baptisms.
The church is now a chapel of ease as the governance has been taken over, with the consent of the parish, by Witheridge with Creacombe. There will be a newly formed Friends group to help support the church financially to ensure it stays viable.
The services are held once a month for a small but loyal congregation using Common worship seasonal resources. All are welcome.
A Bible study is held in the village led by Tony Powell please contact him for details.
A rural cinema is held in church from September to March each year with refreshments - just remember to bring gloves and a blanket and possibly a cushion or two!