Brief History of the Church of St Peter
The first church in Twitchen was erected in medieval times and was rebuilt in 1844 by John Tapp, Churchwarden, with the exception of the fifteenth century tower and the three bells. The church contains its original Norman font. The stone column that can be seen inside the entrance gate to the churchyard was originally located within the church surmounted by a cross.
Mill Steep, Twitchen, South Molton EX36 3LS
Mr Graham White