St John's Church is the Parish Church for Sutton on Plym, Plymouth.
The Church was consecrated in 1855
St John's now forms part of the Sacred Heart Mission Community Plymouth. Other churches in the Community are St Mary's the Virgin Laira and St Simon's the Apostle Mount Gould.
The first duty of Christians is to express our love of the Lord our God with all our heart and soul and strength and mind; and to love our neighbour as ourselves. This we call Service, and it begins on the first day of the week with our worship.
The Eucharist is celebrated every Sunday at times listed. Additionally, there are weekday Eucharist’s at each of the Churches.
This weekly observance and celebration fulfils our call to worship God, and equips us through Word, Sacrament and Fellowship to carry out our Christian Service to our neighbour through the week ahead. This is done within the community of our churches, by seeking to respond to the needs of others, meeting together for prayer, bible study and the ordering of the common life; by engaging with those in need beyond the gathered church, and in a shared social life with the wider community.
Anglicans are numerous and active in the Sacred Heart Mission Community in Plymouth, and are honoured to be able to serve God in so many different ways.