A Benedictine Abbey was founded in Horton in 961 CE and Wolfrida
was the first Abbess. The present building dates from 1722 and is
an unusual L shape. The pyramidal tower is in the bend of the L.
The simple interior has box pews and plain glass windows. In the
North facing Ante-chamber there are stone effigies of a mediaeval
Knight and his Lady. There is a new Village Hall in the process of
building and we hope to use it for a modern service in the near
future. There is a combined Church and Village Fete on the 2nd
Saturday of July each year and other events.