St Stephen's church, located at Pamphill, Dorset, was built in 1907 by the Bankes family of Kingston Lacy House as a place of worship for the residents, staff, tenants and workers of the Kingston Lacy estate. It is in the Arts and Crafts style, and two of its most noteworthy features are the beautiful woodwork and the impressive timbered roof. It is an ideal place for weddings - in fact, it is the most popular church in Dorset for couples to tie the knot - not just because of its beauty, but because it is in a particularly lovely setting, with plenty of parking and a turning circle which can accommodate the largest limo. There are beautiful walks around the church, especially at bluebell time.
St Stephen's is part of the BRIDGE BENEFICE - a group of three parishes which also includes St Mary's, Sturminster Marshall and St Bartholomew's, Shapwick. The Bridge Benefice has close links with our neighbouring Lower Stour Benefice (also a group of three parishes).