We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St. Mary's Frampton is quite large for a country church and has an unusual internal layout. There is evidence through the centuries of building and rebuilding. The south arcade to the nave and the chancel arch are 15th Century. Points of note are the unusual tower with Tuscan columns, built in 1695 by Robert Browne, who also added the North Aisle and the Vestry between 1725 and 1734. The present structure that we see is mostly of 19th Century restoration by Marcia Maria and Richard Brinsley Sheridan.
Our clergy team currently support four churches within the benefice and therefore our Praise and Worship (family friendly) service rotates around the four villages of Frampton, Sydling St. Nicholas, Bradford Peverell and Stratton. This provides a good opportunity for people from all four villages to get together on a regular basis.
BUILDING WORK ON MAJOR REPAIRS has now been completed, with stainless steel replacing the stolen lead. The water goods have been decorated and repaired and the bell tower louvres replaced. We are now decorating the external doors as and when we have funds. Two have been completed. The front door needs major refurbishment and remains on our list of "things to do". We are currently fund raising for repairs to the Caroline Norton memorial window to Fletcher Norton - great grandson of Richard Brinsley Sheridan (playwright).
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below