We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St George's Church was consecrated in 1813 to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of King George II to provide a place of worship for the 1000 souls in this industrial village and today it is one of only 2 or 3 churches in the country to be owned by the village, rather than the church.
The Church remains at the centre of the community and its patronage is now represented by a group of committed villagers. There is a communion service held on the first Sunday of each month at 10am and all are very welcome. On the other Sundays, there is a service at one of the other churches in the Parish.
The Church is open during daylight hours and has become a place for people to gather at the weekly 'Pop-up Cafe" run from May to October.
Community Sunday lunches are held every couple of months, particularly targetting those living alone in the nearby sheltered housing, but people of all ages come as well.
The excellent acoustics and highly regarded organ lends the church to being a venue for local concerts. The Bi-Centenary was celebrated with a performance of The Messiah, and we recently welcomed the Military Wives of Warminster.
Bourton celebrates St. George's day every year, and in early September, there is the annual Flower and Produce Show with stalls and traditional village side shows.
For weddings, baptisms and funerals, or pastoral care, please contact Rev Graham Perryman on 01747 840 221
Gillingham or Wincanton
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below