About Us

The church was built in 1878-81 by William Butterfield. It has a narrow tower and is made of rubble stone with ashlar dressings and a stone slate roof.  The south side of the nave is barge boarded with a stone porch and timbering to the front.

The interior, also by Butterfield, has been unaltered.  There is a lot of red, black and slate blue tiling with patterned encaustic tiles.  The nave has a tiled dado on the walls and a full height timber screen which dominates the area.

A stained glass window of c.1855 was formerly the east window of Bremhill Church.  There is a canted, ceiled wagon roof. The church had two bells in 1879, both small. 

In October 2010 at a service of inauguration led by The Right Reverend Stephen Conway, the Bishop of Ramsbury, the parishes of Derry Hill, Bremhill and Foxham combined with that of Calne and Blacklands to form the Marden Vale Team Ministry.