Information on Zoom
Instructions for using Zoom https://zoom.us/
Zoom is a video conferencing over the web that allows us to meet up, see each other, and join in the discussion together, whether we are on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or phone.
Setting up Zoom is easy, and worth preserving. Don’t worry – it’s OK to be late to a meeting!
If you are struggling to work it out, please get in touch and ask for help.
Join by Computer
1. Close any program on your computer that uses your camera, eg Skype.
2. Click the Zoom link from the list above. If you have already participated in a meeting, you will skip some of the following steps.
3. Zoom should automatically and quickly download to your computer, and direct you to Downloads on your computer. Click Zoom_launcher.exe to run.
4. Once Zoom has launched, a screen should pop up asking for your name. This will identify you during the meeting, so please enter something meaningful.
5. You should now be part of the meeting. Make sure you let the app access your camera and microphone, and click the green button that says “Join Audio by Computer”.
Join by tablet or smartphone
You will need to install the Zoom app ahead of time. Find it in the App Store or Goggle Play.
Once you have downloaded the Zoom app, follow the “Join by computer” instructions above.
The Zoom website has a very comprehensive help center. Many of the pages are divided into sections for Windows & Mac, Linux, Web, Android, iOS.
The Help for Attendees Controls in a meeting covers Mute/Unmute microphone, Start Video/Stop Video, Raise Hand. Try here first if you are having problems with being seen or heard. Even if you can’t get video to work, you can still participate.