Holy Trinity, Coxheath
Holy Trinity Church, Coxheath, is part of a group of 5 parishes to the south of Maidstone. Rev'd Peter Callway, our Rector, is assisted by Assistant Curate Rev'd Lorna Faulkner and Hon. Associate Rector Rev'd David Jones.
The church was built in 1884 as the chapel to the Workhouse and the former Linton Hospital at Coxheath and became the Parish church for the village in 1996.
Holy Trinity Church, Coxheath, is a friendly, welcoming church at the heart of Coxheath. Our worship has a balance of informality and awe of the God whom we worship.
Services are held on Sundays and there is a mid week celebration of the Holy Communion on Thursdays.
The regular pattern of Sunday worship is:
Services start at 11.00First Sunday Holy Communion A modern service from Common Worship with hymns. Sunday Club for children meets during school term times. Second Sunday Morning Prayer A contemporary service of Morning Prayer with hymns, based on Common Worship Third Sunday Holy Communion As First Sunday Fourth Sunday Family Service An informal all-age service with music group
The church also offers a range of meetings and activities.
We welcome applications for Baptism and Marriages from people living in the village and such services can take place in Holy Trinity church or any of the other four churches in the group, namely: The Parish Church of East Farleigh; St Mary’s, Hunton; St Nicholas’, Linton, and All Saint’s West Farleigh. The clergy are available to take funerals at any of our churches or at the crematorium at Vinters Park, Maidstone.
The clergy are also available for consultation, home visits or to give Holy Communion to the house bound at all times. Rev'd Peter Callway has his day off on Friday, Rev'd David Jones is not available Fridays