Christ Church Fulmodeston Parish Safeguarding Policy
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the church.
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ Christ Church is committed to:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture.
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Parish will:
• Create a safe and caring place for all.
• Have a named Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures4.
• Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
• Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
• Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
• Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
• Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser(DSA)5 and statutory agencies immediately.
• Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
• Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
• Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed periodically.
• Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Protection Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
This policy was adopted by the Christ Church PCC at a meeting on July 9th 2018
Safeguarding Officer: Amanda Sands 07789225011
Bishop’s Officer for Safeguarding Sue Brice on 07958 377079 or email [email protected]
Carolyn Coxhead Thomas : PCC Secretary