St Mary the Virgin is in the parish of Heacham and is in the Heacham and Rising Deanery
Reverend Veronica Wilson is the Vicar.
The churchmanship is broadly low evangelical but we recognise we are a village church and a church for the whole village.
Although a Saxon or Norman church probably pre-dated the current building, the first documented record derives from a covenant dated 1248 for the building of a chapel dedicated to the blessed Virgin Mary.
St Mary's has the oldest bell in the diocese. The probable date of casting has been agreed as mid 12th century ie around 1150 and was used until very recently