The Mission Hall is part of the Parish of Abbeydore (Holy Trinity & St Mary's Abbeydore - Dore Abbey - www.doreabbey.org.uk) in the Ewyas Harold Group of Parishes.
Cockyard Mission Hall was a blacksmith’s forge and shop until the occupant, Mr Hancocks, moved his business to Hungerford shortly after the end of the First World War. The premises belong to Whitfield Estate and are loaned (firstly by Lady Mary Clive of Whitfield Court) to the people of the Cockyard as a place of worship and for community use. The blacksmith’s anvil survives as a table near the door. Although there is a dearth of recorded detail, it has been verified from eye witness accounts that the Mission Hall was in use for a Sunday School in 1924. It was also used for special events such as Christmas parties etc. The ladies of the Cockyard set up and ran the Mission Hall; these included Emily Powell, wife of Edward, a groom at Whitfield Court, and later, and for many years until her death, Nellie Price, who was cook there.