Built of stone, the church dates back to the 13th century when the original was built. The current building was substantially repaired in the 19th century and the bell tower turret has attractive wooden shingles. It was re-dedicated on 22 April 1891 by the Bishop of Hereford. It was re-roofed in the 1950s following a fire - evidence of which can still be seen in scorch marks between some of the pews - and again in 2010. There is a very active "Friends" Group which organizes all kinds of events to help provide funding to maintain the church and building at the very heart of the village community.
In this remote corner of rural Herefordshire, the history of the Marches is all around. A public footpath leads north from the churchyard, past the remains of Lingen Castle (a motte-&-bailey) in the next field, onward to the humps and hollows that mark the original village site; while from the church porch, a prominent mediaeval field system can be seen nearby on the opposite hill.
Our church services are usually on the first and third Sundays. In other weeks, we are welcomed two miles away at our sister church, All Saints', Kinsham, or at St Andrew's, Presteigne, the principal church of the group.