St.Michael's Church in Madeley is part of the Severn Link Group in Telford, Shropshire.
The Parish of Madeley is situated in the south of the East Shropshire new town of Telford, approximately forty miles west of Birmingham.
Originally a thriving market and industrial town, Madeley (pop. approx 8,000) is positioned between the surrounding new town developments of Sutton Hill and Woodside, which have been developed since the late 1960's.
The many wooded pit mounds around the town are a reminder of its former importance as a mining town. The town still contains a number of historic buildings including the Blists Hill Museum, part of the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site.
Many local people are employed on the nearby industrial estates at Halesfield and Tweedale, which are home to a wide range of both British and foreign employers engaged in many different trades, especially engineering and electronics. Madeley is part of the area governed by Telford & Wrekin Council (Telford pop. 153,000), a new unitary authority established in April 1998.
There has been a church on the St Michael’s site since Norman times, the present octagonal building was designed by Thomas Telford and built in 1796.
The main time for worship at St.Michael's Church is 10.30am every Sunday morning. Digital projection is regularly used during worship to present hymns and enable presentations to be enjoyed during worship. All hymns and songs can also be followed by those who prefer to follow a service sheet. The music chosen for worship includes a mix of the best of traditional hymns and present day songs.
Twice a month (except during August) we also meet for worship at 6.30pm.
Refreshments are served after the morning service and worshippers are encouraged to stay and enjoy fellowship together.
Youngsters and families are warmly invited to worship on Sundays. There is a creche in the church for the very young, and older children enjoy getting together at their regular Junior Church meeting nearby.
A warm welcome awaits you.