This church is one of four in the Greater Whitbourne parish in Hereford Diocese.
This is the largest of the four parishes, and the church is likewise the largest. It still retains traces of Norman and possibly even Saxon work, in spite of major refurbishment in 1865, when the North aisle and vestry (behind the organ) were added and the gallery and stairs to the Rood loft taken away,
Worthy of note are the ancient font, the relatively new screen, moved recently from the chancel to the tower arch, the centuries -old piece of material (cope, then altar frontal?) found in the Rectory attics and now hanging on the north wall, the St. Francis window ...
The modern kitchen and toilets, with a meeting room above, were part of the Millennium project. Since then, the reredos has been restored; the next job is to restore the bells.
Whitbourne Court, next door, was one of the Summer Palaces of the Bishops of Hereford, two of whom are buried in the church — Bishops Scory and Godwin. The Court itself was confiscated by Cromwell and given to Col. Birch, a roundhead soldier.