Church of England Diocese of Blackburn Darwen St. Cuthbert

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

01254 701360

01254 760771

Getting here

The first church in this parish is thought to date from 640AD. There have been three known churches on the present site with the current church having been built in 1965.

 

This is a modern structure built partly in brick and partly in cedar wood. The porch from the 1833 church was retained and incorporated into the present building. The last Quinquennial report in 2012 found the building to be generally sound and that no major work was required in the short term. St Stephen’s has a large graveyard which is maintained by a group of volunteers from the church, with professional help contracted as necessary.

 

The Friends of St Stephen’s Churchyard exist to work towards the upkeep and improvement of the churchyard, separate from the PCC. The Friends work is financed by bequests, donations and fundraising events. 

Rock Lane
Tockholes
Darwen
BB3 0LX

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below