Welcome to St George's, Whatley
We worship in a beautiful Grade II listed parish church set with lovely views over the Somerset countryside. Probably built in the 14th century, the tower was added in the 15th century, although part of the porch, some of the tower and probably the font are Norman.
It was largely rebuilt in 1820 with further renovations carried out in 1859 and 1870. It is made of local limestone rubble, dressed quoins with a tiled roof in early English style.
The plain, octagonal spire, not common in Somerset, is a landmark for many miles around, and contains six bells.
For times of services please go to www.mellsgroup.church