Christ Church, Coxley

Welcome to our page on A Church Near You!

Christ Church Coxley is a beautiful church in the village of Coxley, near Wells, covering the parish of Godney too. We are part of a group of 3 churches and 4 parishes, known as a benefice, which are looked after by Revd Jan Shellard-James.

There are services every Sunday, however if there is a 5th Sunday in a month, a service might take place at a different church in the benefice. There is also a weekly prayer meeting which is held every Tuesday. On the 4th Sunday of the month is a relaxed service over brunch, which is free, and very much enjoyed. You are very welcome to come to any of our services or events, and details of these can be found on this website, or on our own website There are also more details about the this church and the benefice on our website.

If you have any enquiries about baptisms, christenings, weddings, funerals or memorials please get in touch with us.

We look forward to welcoming you to our church!

Get in touch

Katrina Dryburgh

Benefice Administrator
07704 604165

Our website

What's on

Morning Prayer

Every Tuesday at for 45 mins
Christ Church, Coxley
Main Road Coxley Wells Somerset, BA5 1RG, United Kingdom

Join people in Coxley and the surrounding area as we pray together and listen to Bible readings.


Our parish of Coxley with Godney is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). Our Diocese of Bath & Wells’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the PSO Richard Henderson via email: [email protected] or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Ben Goodhind via email: [email protected] or via phone on 01749 588917 or 07834 514842. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services.

Read more