St Andrew's is our town centre church. It stands in the heart of Minehead's retail and business community, at the top of The Parade, behind Wellington Square, and beside the Duke of Wellington Hotel.
The building provides full access for people with disabilities.
At St Andrew's we enjoy a wide range of Christian worship, nurture, fellowship and a space within which to be still and know God's presence.
The building is a fine example of George Street's design. Consecrated in 1880, it was one of his last churches with excellent acoustics and a light, open feel. In 2004 the building was enhanced with the provision of meeting rooms, a kitchen and toilets (accessible to wheelchair users and with baby-changing facilities). A raised platform at the 'front' of the nave provides flexible space that is used for drama, a nave altar, or concert artists. The church enjoys a wide range of community uses, and we are now looking at further ways to expand our facilities.
Owing to the current situation the church is not open apart from services.