St Bartholomew's Church (usually known as St Bart's) is a welcoming medium-sized congregation which works with the other churches in Great Harwood to serve the town.
Our worship centres around Holy Communion, and our 10am service increasingly caters for all ages. There is a range of midweek activities, which are detailed in our weekly notice sheet or on our website.
The first chapel on the site was in existence in 1335, and the present building is largely 15th-16th Century; it was originally known as St Lawrence. In the 19th century the building was extended to cope with a growing population, and a small meeting room was built in 1988.
Thanks in particular to a recent Heritage Lottery Fund grant, we have been able to renew our roof and create step-free access through the building except for one step up to the chancel area.