At Holy Trinity with St Andrew and St Edmund (also known as Horfield Parish Church) we want to do everything we can to keep people safe when they use our buildings or take part in our groups and activities. We are especially mindful about the safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• When concerns are raised we will respond without delay and work with police, local authority and other partners in any investigation
• We will provide appropriate informed pastoral care for victims and survivors of abuse,
• We will provide appropriate pastoral care for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations
• We will provide supervision for any member of the church community known to pose a risk of harm to others.
• All those working in a role with responsibility for children, young people or vulnerable adults are safely recruited (have an up to date enhanced DBS check).
For more details, please download and read a copy of our current Parish Safeguarding Policy
For more information about our safeguarding as part of the Diocese of Bristol, please visit the Diocesan website.
If you have any concerns or questions about keeping people safe, or would like to report a safeguarding concern, please contact Church Warden, Caroline Plaice, Parish Safeguarding Officer - 07714255670 [email protected]
For more urgent enquiries please contact Adam Bond, Diocesan Safeguarding officer, on 0117 9060100