About UsWelcome to The Lighthouse Church, we are a child-friendly church where children and young people are welcome and an integral part of our family.
Lighthouse Family Service (Sunday 11am) is a lively and informal worship service incorporating sung worship, prayer, scripture readings and bible teaching in family-friendly, relevant ways. Children go to their own teaching groups during the sermon.
Traditional Anglican service of Holy Communion (Sunday 9:15am), like all our services this features excellent in-depth Bible teaching designed to encourage, challenge and build people up in the Christian faith. Everyone is welcome; young or old or just young in heart. If you prefer a more traditional, Anglican approach then this is for you. The service is followed by refreshments and a time to relax. Please note that, although all our Services are aimed at being family friendly and inclusive of children and families, there is no separate provision for children and young people during this service.
Messy Church is a way of being church for families involving fun; is found across the world and has values that are about being Christ-centred, for all ages, based on creativity, hospitality and celebration. Come and join us for food, fun and all age activities on the fourth Saturday of every other month.<div>
Our services are informal and relaxed. We no longer sit in pews but together with our families and friends around cafe style tables so that everyone can feel at home.
What else is on?
There's something going on at the Lighthouse Church most days of the week; activities for
Children are a valued and important part of our church family. Children are always welcome and we seek to teach them and lead them into their own experience of God and relationship with Him. We aim to provide relevant teaching and fun activities for each age range. Come and join us!Lighthouse Cafe serving the local community
The Lighthouse Café is open twice a week in the church, right next door to the Doctor’s surgery in Canterbury Road.
Wednesday 10:00am – 1:00pm is particularly Toddler friendly; as it also features a short service in three parts incorporating creative prayer, songs, games, Bible stories and fun activities particularly designed for children..
Thursday 11:00am – 2:00pm welcomes the older generation and offers soup and a roll from noon. This café follows on from our 10:00am Communion service.
*St. Luke’s Church Hawkinge is a registered ‘Fresh Expression’ Anglican church called “The Lighthouse”, but is usually referred to as The Lighthouse Church (although some people also refer to us as “St. Luke’s Lighthouse Church”, or “The Lighthouse Church at St. Luke’s”).
Our PCC has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England.
In particular we are committed to:
- the safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults
- carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability
- responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed
- co-operating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation
- ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse
- extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them
More information here