Parish Safeguarding Officer: Lyn Collins 01227 830158
Church Wardens: Hugh Reid 01795 890728 & Lyn Collins 01227 830158
Safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England can be found at https://www.churchofengland.org/safeguarding/promoting-safer-church/policy-practice-guidance.
Details of the Diocese of Canterbury Child and Adult Protection guidelines can be found at www.canterburydiocese.org/safeguarding.
The Diocesan Safeguarding Office can be contacted on 01227 459401
email: [email protected]
Parish Safeguarding Policy Statement
Parish of Badlesmere & Leaveland
This parochial church council has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England. In particular we are committed to:
• the safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults
• carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability
• responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed
• cooperating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation
• ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse
• extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them
We have appointed Lyn Collins
Tel: 01227 830158
as the Parish Safeguarding Coordinator
Any child wishing to talk about a problem can contact Childline on 0800 1111
Any parent or carer wishing to talk about parenting problems can contact Family Lives on 0808 800 2222
The Parish Safeguarding Coordinator(s) is available to speak with adults or children.