We are delighted that you are considering a church wedding in the historic and beautiful city of Carlisle and the setting of St Cuthbert’s Church. There are now more churches to choose from for your special day and for generations to come
Please contact Canon Jim Hyslop who will be pleased to meet with you. 01228 930572
There is much more information from the Church of England to help you to plan your wedding. Your Church Wedding | The Church of England
You can marry in a Church of England church if you can show that you have a connection with the parish.
That one of you:
• has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
• was baptised in the parish concerned, or was prepared for confirmation in the parish, or
• has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
• has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months,or
• has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
There are different rules for EU and non-EEA nationals. The vicar will guide you with all of this.
Use A Church Near You to find out which parish you live in or have a connection with. All you need is your postcode.
what do we need to do first? how much does it cost?
Please contact Canon Jim Hyslop who will be happy to guide you through the legal steps and ensure that your wedding day is personal, meaningful, spiritual, beautiful… Contact Jim 01228 930572
And, if you’re marrying in a church that’s not where you live, your local church would still love to support you as you prepare for the wedding, and afterwards too.
There are some things about marrying in church that you just can’t get anywhere else.
You may attend or visit the place where you will be marrying as often as you like, there is usually a rehearsal for you and close family and friends – it’s a very special time as you prepare for your wedding day. It’s your wedding. Let us help you make it personal, meaningful, spiritual, beautiful.