St Mary the Virgin, Eccleston, Cheshire

The combined parish of Eccleston and Pulford has two churches one in Eccleston and one in Pulford but one PCC. 

The two villages have very different characteristics as do the two churches; each church is supported by loyal congregations. Managing the two is not without challenges. However, there is a spiritual unity in the two congregations, and they share a number of activities. There are services for all age and Messy Church. Volunteers from both villages support the Messy Church. Pre covid there have been joint support and attendance at Lenten discussion groups, Silent prayer, fundraising events: Christmas and Summer fayres, Harvest lunches and suppers, exhibitions and concerts as well as social occasions.

Please donate to the work of our church

Please support the work of our ministry and mission

Get in touch

Mr Stephen Hutchinson (Churchwarden)

Eccleston Church of St Mary's, Church Road, Eccleston,


Our website

What's on

Parish Communion

Every Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth Sunday at for 1 hour
St Mary the Virgin, Eccleston, Cheshire
Church Road Eccleston Chester, CH4 9HT, United Kingdom

Our sister church St Mary's Pulford has services on the 1st Sunday of each month at 9.45am. There are services at both Pulford and Eccleston Churches on the 3rd Sunday of each month. This service is an all age Service, the location of which is advertised on the website and in the newsletter. Any local changes to location and time, such as during Remembrance Sunday, Christmas and Easter can be found on the Church website.


Our parish of Eccleston: St Mary is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). Our Diocese of Chester’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the PSO or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services.

Read more