We are looking forward to welcoming you to Carols in the Car Park, a very different version of our usual Carol service. However, we hope you will enjoy it and take part from the security of your car.
Here are a few hints as to how the service will work for those of you who are coming along: -
· Ideally you should remain inside your car throughout;
· Please have your engine turned off;
· You can hear the service through your car radio. You will need to tune it to 87.8FM;
· Alternatively lower your windows, but keep warm! You will be able to hear he service through the PA system;
· If you want to get out and sing outdoors, please observe the social distancing rules. Individuals, households or bubbles need to maintain a 2m distance;
· Unfortunately we are not able to open the toilets
· The car park will open at 5.15pm and close at 6.20pm; please follow the guidance from the Stewards;
· At the end of the service please follow Stewards’ directions;
This service has only been possible because of the many hours that have been spent in the planning and preparation by many people who have freely given of their time. In particular Mark Longstaff who has masterminded the event and brought it the together. Others to mention include:- Claire Longstaff, who has organised the musicians – our particular thanks to them for their music; our choir who have been practicing by Zoom over the last few weeks; Steve Lander who measured and marked up the car park; the Facilities Team who has looked at other aspects of our coming together in this way; Daniel Felix and Mike Evans for working out the sound system;
If you would like to make a donation towards Church funds please follow this link:-
We are also encouraging support for two other causes close to our hearts.
Our #selfiestable campaign supporting the work of Room at the Inn, who work with the homeless in and around Warrington, is proving popular. More details on our Facebook site .If you want to make a donation please follow this link:-https://cafdonate.cafonline.org/15295
Secondly, for many years we have supported the work of the Children’s Society who work with vulnerable children and young people. We have had to move our Christingle service online. We are encouraging people to make their own Christingle from packs which we have already prepared and take part in the virtual service on our Facebook livestream on Christmas Eve at 4.30pm here:- https://www.facebook.com/daresburychurch/. You can find more information here:- https://daresburycofe.org.uk/christingle/ . Packs are available at the gate as you leave.