St John's HighLegh

You are very welcome to join us at any of our services.

Sunday 9th July All-age Communion Service

Sunday 16th July  Holy Communion service

Sunday 23rd July , 8.30pm Holy Communion - a traditional language service with a sermon but no hymns

Sunday 23rd July 10am Café Church in the Church Room - join us for a bacon (or veggie) butty and an informal service

Sunday 30th July, 10am Holy Communion

Sunday 6th August , 10am Holy Communion

Wednesdays, 9am: Celtic Prayer in the Church Room

Thursdays, 7pm: Telephone Service
If you would like to join us for this worship service, please contact Chris Stanisstreet: 01925 755559

Get in touch

Rev Clare Leal

Church Office
The Avenue
High Legh

WA16 6ND
Rev Clare Leal
07342 840194
Tom Drury, Church Warden
07985 600122

Our website

What's on

Maundy Thursday Holy Communion service

for 1 hour
St John's HighLegh
The Avenue, Off West Lane High Legh KNUTSFORD, WA16 6ND, GB

A service of Holy Communion remembering Jesus’ institution of Holy Communion at the Last Supper and including optional foot washing as we remember Jesus washing his disciples’ feet.
After the service we strip the altar and are invited to the Watch of Prayer. This is silent prayer as we remember the events of the night – Jesus at Gethsemane and his arrest and trial. It concludes with Compline at 10pm.

St John's hosted this year's World Day of Prayer Service for the Lymm and District Churches Together.


Our parish of High Legh: St John is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). Our Diocese of Chester’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the PSO or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services.

Contact our PSO or the DSA