We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
The Abbey of Eaton was built in 1155. The first prioress was Agnes.The town of Eaton means, the township by the water, it was a farming village east of the River Anker at the time of the Domesday survey. The last known Nuns to have lived in the Abbey was in 1539. The Abbey was left. A local landowner, Thomas Bottrill who died in 1869 made a bequest in his will of £400 for a new church and £2, 500 for its endowments. He stipulated that the church must be built within 10 years or his gifts would be void.
On 26th April 1876 Bishop of Worcester laid the foundation stone and work started on the eastern bays of the new church. On 8th October 1877, the Bishop returned to consecrate the new church.
This Abbey gave the Town its name, Nun Eaton.
The church has been built around the ruins. The interior of the building is a wonderful show of the old meeting the new.
The church over the years has had many other internal features added. In 2004 The Resurection window was completed. In 2012 a new stained glass window, taking the place of a previously plain glass one, designed by Alfred Fisher OBE was added to the Chancel .
Manor Court Road
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below