St Mary's Ilmington is located in the North Cotswolds, and is a fine Norman church, with a peal of 8 bells (which have been heard on Radio 4) and a fine recently restored organ. Highlights include 11 carved mice (by Robert Thomson of Kilburn) and the Apple Map, celebrating the variety of apple trees in the village. The church is open daily from 9.00am.
St Mary's is in the benefice with Preston-on-Stour, Whitchurch, Tredington with Darlingscote and Stretton-on-Fosse.
The service pattern includes Book of Common Prayer Evensong and Holy Communion, Common Worship Holy Communion, and family services, and special events.
There is a strong link with Ilmington Church of England Primary School, which holds various services in the Church, and with various village organisations.
The village contains 2 pubs. King George V broadcast his 1934 Christmas address from the manor in Ilmington, introduced by Walton Handy, a local shepherd and included the village choir and local bellringing. The Elizabethan poet Sir Thomas Overbury was born just to the south of the village. Morris Dancing is an intergal part of the village, and Sam Bennett (a famous morris dancer) is buried in the churchyard.
For our worship see the weekly newsletter and and the magazine on the website