Church History

Holy Trinity Church, Stanton-in-Peak is a Grade II listed parish church in the Church of England in Stanton in Peak, Derbyshire.

The church was built for William Pole Thornhill, who held the estate of Stanton Hall, Stanton in Peak. The foundation stone was laid by Mrs Thornhill in 1837 and it was opened worship by the Venerable Francis Hodgson DD, Archdeacon of Derby in September 1839. It was constituted a parish church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, and consecrated with the adjoining cemetery by the Right Rev George Selwyn, DD, Bishop of Lichfield on 29 September 1875.

The first organ was installed by Brindley & Foster in 1877, the gift of Mrs Thornhill Gell. A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register.