Church of England Diocese of Derby Tideswell

St John the Evangelist

Welcome to the home page for St John the Evangelist, Cressbrook, in Tideswell Parish.

The Churches of Tideswell Parish welcome all, irrespective of age or ability, race or faith commitment, gender or sexuality. For contact details or information about services and events, news and notices, please go to the relevant pages in the Menu bar.</span>

Coronavirus guidance: Sunday services (Covid-safe format) are being held in a number of our churches at this time. However we apologise that we are unable to open Cressbrook Church for private prayer at this time, but the parish church, St John's Tideswell, will be open 10am-4pm , and you're welcome to call there.

DailyHope, a free national telephone line, offers music, prayers and reflections as well as full worship services from the Church of England at the end of the phone. The line  is available 24 hours a day on 0800 804 8044.

Safeguarding: The Parish of Tideswell: St John the Baptist is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops' guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) (phone 07523756601). The Diocese of Derby’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.

Get in touch

Rev. Simon White

The Vicarage, 6 Pursglove Drive Tideswell Buxton

Tea and Hymns

Every Second Sunday at 3 p.m. for 1hr
Add to my calendar

Bottomhill Road

Tea and Hymns, café style, in the church school room. Currently in a Covid-safe format (socially distanced, table service, no congregational singing). Normally held on the 2nd Sunday of every month but may occasionally vary due to special events. Sometimes special services, often with music from Cressbrook Silver Band, happen in this slot: Harvest praise, Remembrance, Carol Service.

Music Refreshments served