The original St. Mark's church was built in the 1890's as a mission church in the parish of St. Paul, in an area of expanding population. A new church was built in 1958; a separate parish was created; the two parishes were later combined; and in 1973 St. Paul's was burnt down. Stained glass (symbols of the disciples by LC Evetts), is the clerestory.
The most well known personality in the history of the parish was the Rev. Robert Jardine who admidst controversy officiated at the wedding in France in 1937 of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.