The church is a splendid Victorian Building of 1876 with a fine open-timbered roof.
It was built by Edward Joicey at a cost of £13,000 and contains windows by Kempe, Burne-Jones, William Morris & Co. Baguely, Wailes & Strang
The two manual organ was built for the church by Father Willis and was rebuilt by Vincent of Sunderland in 1949. See:- http://www.npor.org.uk/NPORView.html?RI=N04207
To arrange a Baptism or a Wedding at St. Helen’s please contact Hazel at [email protected] Once initial paperwork is completed this can be returned to our Parish Office, in church, on the 3rd Sunday of the month at 10.30 after the Sunday service. All are welcome to join us in Church on Sunday at 9.30 am
PRIEST IN CHARGE:- The Rev Yvonne Greener 0191 491 1317 : [email protected]
CURATE:- The Revd Lloyd Brown 07840 811 737 [email protected]
ORGANIST:- Keith Downie : 07761 333 905 : [email protected]