We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St John the Baptist Church Stibbington Peterborough
The church of St John the Baptist Church Stibbington in its delightful village setting among the trees is mentioned Doomsday Book Survey (1086). It was rebuilt as a chancel and simple nave in the middle of the 12th century. The Norman nave and chancel arch of this period remains. About 1180 a north aisle was added. About 1240 the chancel was rebuilt on a larger scale, with its axis farther to the south, and some twenty years later a south aisle was added to the nave. The west tower, added in the 15th century, became unsafe and was demolished in 1848–49; the two aisles rebuilt, and the vestry, organ chamber and porch were built, a timber bell-cote being added to the nave roof. The manor of Stibbington was originally held by the Knights Templar, and then by the Knights Hospitaller of St John. The church today shares a priest with Castor Church. There is a short service of Morning Worship at 9am on the second Sunday of the month and Holy Communion at 9am on the fourth Sunday of the month.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below