St George's Church is the Parish Church of Little Thetford.
It consists of the Chancel, nave, north porch and south vestry. The fabric is of 14th century origin. A century later new windows were installed in the chancel. There was a drastic restoration in 1863, when the chancel was extended and the porch added. The vestry was erected in 1885. Until the 1863 restoration, the roofs were thatched.
The font is 14th Century, about 1350-1360. It has an octagonal bowl and shaft with human faces. The original lead lining of the font is still in place.
It is up to us, the present generation living in Little Thetford, to preserve our church building and ensure that it is passed on in good repair to the next generation.
The Church is usually open during daylight hours.
We have adopted the House of Bishop’s ‘Promoting a Safer Church; Safeguarding Policy Statement’. For further information, please click on the Safeguarding link at the bottom of the page which will take you to the Church of England’s Safeguarding Portal.