Due to the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic, the church's normal activities are suspended and the building is locked except for Sundays between the hours of 10am and 4pm to enable anyone to visit for private prayer purposes
St George's Church is the Parish Church of Little Thetford.
It consists of the Chancel, nave, north porch and south vestry. The fabric is of 14th century origin. A century later new windows were installed in the chancel. There was a drastic restoration in 1863, when the chancel was extended and the porch added. The vestry was erected in 1885. Until the 1863 restoration, the roofs were thatched.
The font is 14th Century, about 1350-1360. It has an octagonal bowl and shaft with human faces. The original lead lining is still in place.
It is up to us, the present generation living in Little Thetford, to preserve our church building and ensure that it is passed on in good repair to the next generation.
The Church is usually open during daylight hours but is currently closed due to the coronavirus pandemic; only open on Sundays 10am to 4pm, for private prayer purposes only.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below