This is a fine, light Edwardian church by Temple Moore located on a hillside site in Uplands, an expanding suburb of Stroud. It has a good musical tradition with regular concerts by the choir and invited groups. The majestic and flexible space is adaptable for exhibitions and local community events.
It enjoys a regular pattern of weekly worship to which visitors are most welcome.
The Church itself was designed by Temple Moore and dedicated in May 1910. Moore took full advantage of the constricted hillside site and built a church that displays many hallmarks of his mature work. Externally these include the use of late Decorated motifs, transverse gables to the S aisle, a two tiered east end, and an attractive chamfered broach spire. The bare walls of local stone and the lack of any stained glass give the building a soft monochrome. Due to a shortage of cash the church was only completed in the 30's with the Lady Chapel and organ chamber in 1926, first stage of tower in 1930, second stage of tower in 1932, and spire in 1936.
Our Church is one of the nine Stroud Parish Churches.