We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
This is a fine, light Edwardian church by Temple Moore located on a hillside site in Uplands, an expanding suburb of Stroud. It has a good musical tradition with regular concerts by the choir and invited groups. The majestic and flexible space is adaptable for exhibitions and local community events.
It enjoys a regular pattern of weekly worship to which visitors are most welcome.
A branch of the Mothers Union meets regularly at the closely located All Saints Centre which accomodates a thriving day care unit for the older members of the community and is availble for hire and is regularly used by numerous local groups.
The Church itself was designed by Temple Moore and dedicated in May 1910. Moore took full advantage of the constricted hillside site and built a church that displays many hallmarks of his mature work. Externally these include the use of late Decorated motifs, transverse gables to the S aisle, a two tiered east end, and an attractive chamfered broach spire. The bare walls of local stone and the lack of any stained glass give the building a soft monochrome.Due to a shortgate of cash the church was only completed in the 30's with the Lady Chapel and organ chamber in 1926, first stage of tower in 1930, second stage of tower in 1932, and spire in 1936.
All Saints Church
All Saints Road
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below