Priest in Charge; REVD JOE KNIGHT
St Lawrence Sandhurst is only 3 miles from Gloucester, but is a rural church at the heart of the village community.
There are services on 2nd & 4th Sundays each month and occasionally midweek. Every second Sunday we have 9 am Holy Communion followed at 10.30 am by Worship Together - an all-age interactive service with music from our band. Visitors are always welcome.
On 4th Sunday 9 am Holy Communion is followed at 10.30 am by Praise, Prayer & Worship.
The church building is used for a number of events, including drama and music.
The present building is partly 14th century, but was mainly rebuilt in 1858. There is a 12th century stone font and two of the bells are 16th Century. The oak pulpit is Jacobean, pews date from the early 19th century and most of the stained glass is early 20th century. An Appeal is under way to repair the tower.
A churchyard survey was carried out in 1996 and a map is displayed on the notice board next to the car park. The survey was updated in 2017 and the updated maps are kept in the church.