Church of England Diocese of Gloucester Kemerton

Facilities and features

Click on the tags below to learn more about each.

Accessibility

We have a single unisex toilet, meeting all disabled standards, easily accessed from the back of the nave, and very well sound insulated to allow discreet use during services.

We have a single unisex toilet, meeting all disabled standards, easily accessed from the back of the nave, and very well sound insulated to allow discreet use during services.

The access to our church is level, and easy for prams, wheelchair users, walking frames etc.

Hearing (induction) Loop

Assistance dogs (or more exotic animals that help and guide their owners) are very welcome.


Our Building

The church is Grade II* listed, primarily because of its connection with the Tractarian Society, and the architectural design of the choir and sanctuary derived from this. The reredos is a splendid copy (by a local artist in 1912) of Renaissance church paintings in the Palazzo Medici Riccardi, in Florence.


Music and Worship

The church has six bells (tenor 12 cwt) and we ring before the majority of services, and for festivals and national celebrations.

We have a distinctive Nicholson's organ made in 1852, and still played using a mechanical action - but we have fitted a electrical blower to replace the child-driven pump!


Groups, Courses and Activities


Help for Visitors

Guidebooks / Notes

The church is normally open for visitors every day, typically from 10 am until dusk.


Other Features

There is a Traidcraft stall in the church twice a month after services - once on the third Sunday, and once for the All Age service (which is on the last Sunday: either the fourth or fifth depending on the calendar).

The church collects regularly for the Tewkesbury foodbank.

The countryside around the church is geologically an outlier of the Cotswold hills, and is included in the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The parish backs on to Bredon Hill, with its extensive tracks and footpaths, an iron-age hill fort, and vast views north over Evesham Vale.